- Price, estimates and payment
- 1 Our charges based on time spent
We normally charge for our Services on a time basis. We charge for each 1 hour block we spend in providing our Services. Our rates, excluding GST, for performing the Services are set out on our website or tailored quote.
The following is an example of how our charging structure works: If we complete performing the Services within 50 minutes where the charging period is 30 minutes we will charge for 2 x 30 minute periods. If we go over into another 30-minute period by a few minutes, at our discretion, we may charge up to the last period completed.
- 2 Our charges based on an estimate
- If we provide an estimate then we will charge you the amount stated in the estimate rather then a charge based on the time taken in performing the Services. Note: we only provide estimates and not quotations or binding indications of how much we will charge. Estimates are normally valid for a period of 14 days from the date they are given.
- As we provide an estimate we may need to charge you a higher amount than stated in the estimate. This can occur for a number of reasons, in particular where:
- what you require us to do changes, or the amount of work or Services you require us to provide increases or is different to what we and you agreed before we started performing the Services; or
- when we start performing the Services it becomes apparent that the amount of Services we will need to perform or the type of work that is involved is different to what we agreed before we started performing the Services and we could not reasonably foresee this before we started performing the Services.
- Where the amount of work involved is greater than that stated in an estimate (as set out in paragraph (b)) then following will happen:
- if the amount of extra time we need to spend to finish performing the Services
will mean that the extra amount payable by you will not exceed 30%% of the amount stated in the estimate, then we will carry on providing and completing the Services without contacting you and obtaining your agreement;
- otherwise we will not continue performing the Services and we will seek your approval to the extra amount that you will need to pay, unless:
- it is not possible to contact you within a reasonable time; or
- it is not safe not to carry out and finish performing the Services (for example, your goods or premises may be left in a dangerous condition or unprotected from theft if the Services are not completed).
- 3 When payment is required
Payment for our Services and the Materials is normally made in two ways, either:
- at the time we finish performing the Services; or
- in a number of staged payments, often involving:
- the payment of a deposit of 30%% before we commence performing the Services; and
- the payment of the remaining amount we will be charging you either on completion of the Services or in a number of fixed payments paid at regular periods.
Which option we will use will be indicated on the quotation / invoice / email.
All amounts stated (whether orally or in writing) are exclusive of GST.
7.5. If you do not pay when required to
If you fail to make payment by the date or time we and you agree, we may:
- charge you interest (at an interest rate of 5%) on any outstanding amounts if those outstanding amounts remain unpaid for more than 7days days from the date of our invoice or when we asked you first to pay them; and/or
- if the amounts not paid represent more than 10% of the total value of the Services we are to perform for you, and there remain some Services which we have not yet performed, then we may suspend performing the remaining Services until you make payment.
- Where you seek to not pay amounts due to us
You will not refuse to pay any amount owing to us where there is only a minor or inconsequential defect or error in the performance of the Services. You will be entitled only to refuse to pay no more than a proportionate amount of any amount due.
- Exclusion and limitation of liability
- We do not exclude or limit liability for our negligence or negligent omission which causes you personal injury or death.
- We shall only be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you which is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a breach by us of this contract. In the event
that any loss or damage suffered by you relates to your business activities then we exclude all liability for any business loss and in particular we exclude all liability for loss of profits or other economic loss arising out of a breach of this contract.